Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
css lists
In the luna_core file this stops lists from having bullets or numbers:

#content li {
font-size: 12px;
list-style: none;
}

How can I overwrite this in the luna file so that ul lists have bullets and ol lists have numbers?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] css lists In reply to
Maybe this would be more helpful : http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_list-style-type.asp

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] css lists In reply to
Thanks - I've actually just been looking at that. But I still don't see how to do it. I can turn on the style-type to be a bullet or a number but how can I make it a bullet for unordered lists and a number for ordered lists? Which I think it should be by default - it seems to be a bit overkill to have set li to have no style in the core css file.
Quote Reply
I assume I could do this by having

li.number {list-style-type: decimal;}
li.bullet {list-style-type: disc;}

but then everytime I use li I would need to put which class it is which I don't really want to do.
Quote Reply
Yeah that is the solution, or atleast that is something what I got from topstyle ;)

P.S.. GT team has done great work on CSS template, however it was too much for me to understand & edit.. So I created all templates from scratch in HTML + CSS template instead of pure css.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Yeah, that's probably not the best rule to have and should have been only set on the lists that needed it (there's 10 lists that need that rule). Unfortunately, it's one of those things we can't change afterwards without breaking customised templates on an upgrade. What I would change it to would be to or put a class on all the ul's that need that rule and change that rule to include the id/class.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] css lists In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for replying. I'm just wondering whether you could change the core rule to be

#content ul { list-style: none;}

instead of the

#content li { list-style: none;}

As far as I can understand, this wouldn't break the templates and would make it much easier to change (i.e. just setting a new class for the whole list rather than each list element). Would that work - or have I misunderstood?

Laura.
Quote Reply
That works and will be used in the next release. Thanks.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] css lists In reply to
Great. Thanks.