Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
cobranding
This may sound like a stupid question but when it comes to cobranding and one has developed say five different templet sets for five different cobranded websites, what URL do you give the cobranded website to point to?

For example:

Default: www.mysite.com/index.html

Cobrand 1: www.mysite.com/.....

I know how to goto the setup section and pull each template set out for use but since each template set appears to be in a protected area, the directory can't be found. I just need to know what URL to give cobranded partners? Again probably a stupid question because the answer is so simple once you know what it is.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [planet100] cobranding In reply to
You would use page.php or page.cgi. In page.cgi, just add &t=templateset (obviously replacing templateset with the template sets name). Its as simple as that ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] cobranding In reply to
Thanks for your help. One more thing. I di exactly as you mentioned:

Cobrand example using altavista:

http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?t=av

======================================

One problem with the above. When the cobrand template above comes up all the other template links go back to the default. ie: "modify a site," "what's cool," "categories:" etc. etc.

======================================

What else do I need to do to make all cobranded templates appear when a visitor lands on the cobrand?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [planet100] cobranding In reply to
Also include d=1 in the URL, i.e. page.cgi?t=av&d=1

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins