Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

can't modify multiple links

Quote Reply
can't modify multiple links
Although this problem obviously should have been fixed since december, I am still encountering the error here and now with LinksSQL 2.0.1:
In Reply To:
When I try to modify multiple links I get the error "You did not specify a category for this link". Looking at the select field, I find that the correct categories are selected.
In the source code of the page the select fields' names are "1-CatLinks.CategoryID", "2-CatLinks.CategoryID" and so on.
Modifying only one link is working as expected. So where is the difference between modifying one link and modifying multiple links?

I get this error even when checking only one of the links in the modify multiple form.

I tested this with different browsers, just to make sure it's no javascript problem or so...

If nobody else has this problem, maybe it's a problem sepcific to my server?

It's not a dedicated server, Apache 1.3.14 on linux. Perl is version 5.00502. Now, looking at the installed modules, I find that mod_perl is indeed installed. But I am not quite sure if it really is enabled ...
So I tried to run LinksSQL with the option persistant_env = On. With that option enabled I can use the admin, but when I try to add a link as a user (from "dynamic pages"), it doesn't work. When I set persistant_env to Off, everything works (except the modifiy multiple error, of course, which appears with both options).
So it seems that mod_perl isn't really enabled for me although the man at the support of my hosters said I wouldn't have to change anything to use mod_perl....

I am clueless...
Help on this would be very much appreciated as I have to modify links often. I am still using LinksSQL 1.13 on my site, mainly because of this error I'm getting with the new LinksSQL.

Andreas Brunn

--------------------------------------------
http://www.archaeologie-online.de
Quote Reply
Re: can't modify multiple links In reply to
Hi,

are there any news on this topic?
The problem persists even with version 2.0.2 - it still is impossible for me to modifiy multiple links.

Regards,
Andreas

--------------------------------------------
http://www.archaeologie-online.de
Quote Reply
Re: can't modify multiple links In reply to
Hi,

I haven't been able to replicate this. I won't be able to check into this until Tuesday when I get back into the office.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.