Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

build_detail_format question

Quote Reply
build_detail_format question
I am having little question about "build_detail_format" under "build options" and was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to do this:

Link Column Property:

Name: link_type
Column Type: enum
value: type1, type2, type3

Now I want to have detailed url like

domain.com/<%if link_type eq type1%>type1<%else%>default<%endif%>/id.html

I tried using different options in build_detail_format however seems like either I am doing something wrong or the input field does not accept if/else type of condition in there.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] build_detail_format question In reply to
Hi,

You can't use <%%> syntax, only %Field_Name% .. so basically, what your trying to do isn't possible.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] build_detail_format question In reply to
Wow that was a quick reply :)

Hum.. that sucks.. I kinda had thought of an alternative, however it seems too much of a modification for one function, however I suppose don't have many options now.. :(

Thanks for the input and help.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] build_detail_format question In reply to
In glinks 3.3 we added the ability to specify columns or if that column was empty, an alternative:

Quote:
Added new syntax to category and detailed url formats. This additional syntax allows you to use a format such as: '%Category_URL|Full_Name%', where Category_URL is a new column in the Category table. If Category_URL has a non-zero length value, then it will be used, otherwise Full_Name will be used. You can have an unlimited list of columns to try (the first column to return a value will be used).

Not exactly what you need as you can't specify a string default.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: May 28, 2010, 11:28 AM