Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

build changed causing SIGTERM under mod_perl and not working otherwise

Quote Reply
build changed causing SIGTERM under mod_perl and not working otherwise
Had the DC offer a Free upgrade of server (brand new box) and OS CentOS 4.1.
Everything works fine except that Build Changed never works. Following are the isues:

Perl version: 5.8.7
Gossamer Links version: 3.0.3
GT::SQL version: 1.111
GT::Template version: 2.141
DBI.pm Version: 1.48
Running under mod_perl: Yes (version 1.29)

SIGTERM

under mod_cgi

nothing happens. Build changed always builds a fixed set of data but not the changed records.

Buil All works fine in both the cases.

Any clue

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] build changed causing SIGTERM under mod_perl and not working otherwise In reply to
A change of date causes the Build Changed to work for the first time it is run after the date change. Thereafter, the detailed pages/category pages etc aren't built on Build Changed. Only thing that builds is the Home page/ What's New and Cool pages..... and all of them are built.

No more of SIGTERM
It's always the same whether under mod_perl or without mod_perl

Confused
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] build changed causing SIGTERM under mod_perl and not working otherwise In reply to
Basically, Build Changed only works once a day. After that it doesn't work at all.
Mysql 4.0.25 (Standard)
Perl 5.8.7

Tried it both under mod_perl and as cgi and it's reproducible.

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
One of the only reasons I can think of why it isn't building is because the Timestmp columns (on the Links and Category tables) aren't getting updated. After you update a link or category, make sure that its Timestmp has been updated, and matches the system time.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] build changed causing SIGTERM under mod_perl and not working otherwise In reply to
Thanks. Actully after changing the timezone upon geting the box 10 days back, didn't restart mysql. Restarting mysql did the trick.

Thanks
HyTC