Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

another beta before release?

Quote Reply
another beta before release?
Will there be another beta of linksql 2.1 before the final release date? I'd like to use some of the functionality of linksql 2.1 and am happy to use a beta but the current one seems crippled without plugins and the like. The release date is too late for my launch date.
Quote Reply
Re: [cortez] another beta before release? In reply to
Aloha,

Not sure about the final release date of 2.1 but i believe i read somewhere 25 jan. (am i right Alex?) ?

Maybe u can use ehm versie 2.0.5 instead? It's the lastest stable version...

To release or not to release, struggle of life! :)
Quote Reply
Re: [cortez] another beta before release? In reply to
The "final" release of 2.1.0 is going to require the plugins, and most add-on scripts to be rewritten. "hacking" it is a minor issue, but it might not be sufficient to work in all conditions.

FWIW... the beta3 release also requires the plugins to be rewritten, which I'm doing now for my group. I just got the PugDocs (LinkSQL/faq) site up, but several scripts are broken due to the changes in 2.1.0b3.

This is just a heads up, that people using Beta2 might want/need to stay there, until they know they can upgrade their plugins to work correctly.

Alex posted a heads up with a fix earlier, and it seems to work as written. I made the change to detail_page.cgi, which was giving errors after the upgrade to b3, and it started to work properly.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.