Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

adding login to homepage

Quote Reply
adding login to homepage
Is it possible to add the login fields to the homepage. I want to have people signup and/or login before they can go into the site - and what about coming in through back pages?
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] adding login to homepage In reply to
Sure. It should be just a case of looking at the user_signup.html template, so you can get the HTML form code. Then, just clean it up, and you should be able to put it on your other pages just fine :)

If running in dynamic mode, you could try something like this to check if they are logged in;

Code:
<%if Username%>
... don't show the signup area
<%else%>
show the signup boxc
<%endif%>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] adding login to homepage In reply to
Morning -
Actually it's not the register form I want it the username, password fields. I want the user to be logged in before they can access the SITE.

Last edited by:

SSmeredith: Jul 8, 2004, 6:53 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] adding login to homepage In reply to
Are you running in dynamic mode? If so, it should just be a case of surrounding the templates with a tag;

Code:
<%if Username and Email%>
show normal codes here
<%else%>
sorry, you need to signup here
<%endif%>

You would need to be running dynamically for this though (through mod_rewrite would be ok too).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] adding login to homepage In reply to
Ok, I'll try it out