Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

add and add_success question

Quote Reply
add and add_success question
Hello
Two questions please
  1. We are using the default include_form templete.. When adding a link the user_name is appearing as : ARRAY(0x9e44fd4) in the add_success page..
  2. We have added a custom field to the Links table 'RC_banner' that will enable users to spcify a banner location for their site.. we have added the needed field to the addition form and the add-success page..

<div class="row clear">
<label for="Site Banner" class="name">URl to your Site Banner:</label>
<div class="value">
<input type="text" id="RC_banner" name="RC_banner" value="<%if RC_banner%><%RC_banner%><%endif%>" class="text" />
</div></div>

The add_success is returing an Unknown Tag: 'RC_banner' and the validation form in (admin) does not show any contents for that field even when we submit contents..

Any reason why?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory

Last edited by:

katabd: Mar 11, 2006, 8:46 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] add and add_success question In reply to
First, make sure you named your field RC_banner, not RC_Banner, or something else. If you added it via MySQLMan, or something else, you need to go to the properties page, and "resync" your .def files.

Getting the "array" for a field, *usually* means you are passing in the data twice. Make sure your form is not submitting Username twice.

I'm not sure why this isn't checked, but it would probably be a fairly simple bug fix in the module, to make sure there really is a valid username, and if the user name was submited twice, make sure it was the same.

I *think* this has to do with legacy code, when "Username" was changed to "LinkOwner" to allow for logged in user vs logged in linkowner user

"Username" is not a system field, so it's not checked for uniqueness any more.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] add and add_success question In reply to
 you..

That has been resolved per your instructions.
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory