Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Wrong Home in Crumbs

Quote Reply
Wrong Home in Crumbs
Hi all,

I was wondering how to edit the cookie crumbs so they don't go to the home link from the default luna set. I am using different templates and each has there own home.html. When I click on each category they go to the right category and there corresponding template set. But If I click on home from the cookie crumbs it always sends me back to the home.html in the luna set.

Last edited by:

tkporcel: Mar 24, 2006, 6:48 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [tkporcel] Wrong Home in Crumbs In reply to
In the crumb code, you can set it so that the Home link is omitted e.g. include_home => 0.

It's a clumsy workaround, but you can add your home link in manually for each category template and then build the crumb navigation as above.
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] Wrong Home in Crumbs In reply to
where is the crumb code, its not the .css file is it?
Quote Reply
Re: [tkporcel] Wrong Home in Crumbs In reply to
No, the .css file only changes formatting and positioning of various elements.

Look for this line in your category template:

Code:
<div class="crumb"><%Links::Utils::format_title($title_loop,
separator => $crumb_separator, no_escape_separator => $no_escape_crumb_separator, include_home => 1, link_type => 2)%></div>

Change it to something like the following (changes in bold):

Code:
<div class="crumb"><a href="/custom-link.htm">Link text here</a> > <%Links::Utils::format_title($title_loop,
separator => $crumb_separator, no_escape_separator => $no_escape_crumb_separator, include_home => 0, link_type => 2)%></div>

You might need to change the '>' separator depending on what you have specified in your options.
Quote Reply
And to use correct HTML, use &gt; :)

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Wrong Home in Crumbs In reply to
True, and technically should also have &nbsp; for spaces but it just looks ugly Sly.
Quote Reply
worked like a charm copied and pasted right from forum good to go!

-thanks

Last edited by:

tkporcel: Mar 29, 2006, 12:49 PM