Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What template

Quote Reply
What template
Hi,

starting to get to grips with links Sql but have hit a wall.

What template is called after the first page when I click on a category (or what bits are called (I am working ground up from the default installed template). I have got my page displaying but above and below it still shows html that I don't want and I do not understand how it is still being called or where from. I have been through all the templates and cannot figure out why this is appearing, unless it is one that is not mentioned in the help file.

Checked header, footer, category,search bar, been through virtually all of them but this unwanted html code still appears when I select a category and go to its page.

All help well appreciated. Happy new year too.

rgds, kev

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] What template In reply to
home.html -> the first page (i.e the page you see when going to page.cgi)
category.html -> The template used when browsing a category.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] What template In reply to
Hi Andy,

it was categories.html, I was looking at it the wrong way and didn't realise the if statements in it which actually do quite a bit inside the template.

I will have to spend some time on this one. many thanks

Kev

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
And don't forget that pesky little subcategory.html which defines the format of the category listing

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] What template In reply to
Hi,

which template file disctate the number of columns for displaying categories, on my index page I want to have 3 columns but it seems that the setup is default to 2 at the moment. I guess its a table so I just need to insert a column or split one of the cells.

Also it is reading left to right, I would like it to display top to bottom so in my first column categories a to g then column 2 would be h to r and the last column s to z.

kind rgds

Kev

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
You can find the number of category columns in Setup > Build Options I beleive. If you want to have a different number on your front page, compared to your normal category pages... then you need to use the <%loop category_loop%>.. <%endloop%> tags.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!