Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What a href link to use on modify_success.html template to return to link detail page?

Quote Reply
What a href link to use on modify_success.html template to return to link detail page?
Hi, I want to place a link on the modify_success.html template for the title that will take the user back to the detail page of the link they just modified. At the moment we're using a live system so everything (even detail pages) goes through page.cgi

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: [Westin] What a href link to use on modify_success.html template to return to link detail page? In reply to
Hi,

Mmm, not quite as simple as just using a javacscript.back(-1), cos that may not actually take them back to the right place.

I'm assuming what you really want, is for them to see a link back to the page they were last one, before going to modify.cgi?

If so, in include_form.html, add this:

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="prev_url" value="<%Plugins::ULTRAGlobals::Get_Page_Referrer()%>" />

Then, on modify_success.html / add_success.html, you can then use:

Code:
<a href="<%prev_url%>">Click here to return to the page you were last on</a>

Untested, but should work fine =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] What a href link to use on modify_success.html template to return to link detail page? In reply to
You assumed correctly and it works just as I needed it to work.

Thanks for all the help.