Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Web ring for LinksSQL sites only.

Quote Reply
Web ring for LinksSQL sites only.
Just throwing around a few ideas.

Would anyone be interested in setting up a web ring for LinksSQL sites only.
Say 10 to 20 site in a ring, similar theme / type sites, after the user has submitted to your site he then has the option of proceeding to the next.

Our databases and submission forms etc would be similar to an extent, should not be to hard to carry over the user details to the next form, select the category/s, submit then proceed to the next.

We are all looking for extra income, visitors and hits and it could be setup as a pay for basis or free listing.

Automating the login or user sign up may be an issue.

Maybe a plugin so we could opt in or out of a certain group.

What are your thoughts?

Clarification: Not a FFA setup.

Regards

minesite

Last edited by:

minesite: Aug 3, 2004, 7:57 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Web ring for LinksSQL sites only. In reply to
I have put that idea forward a few months ago. Seems Australians are all for it but the rest of the world has no idea. Give it away mate.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] Web ring for LinksSQL sites only. In reply to
I think of personal homepages when I think of webrings. Maybe that's the case? Minesite, your site is very professional, you'd be better off suggesting a banner exchange instead. Or a text link exchange.Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] Web ring for LinksSQL sites only. In reply to

Minesite, your site is very professional

Hi SSmeredith, Thanks.

As for the web ring I was hoping more for a bulk listing, for a set price users could submit to 10 or so similar sites.

Tried the Banner exchange and Google text links seem to be working for me at this stage.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Web ring for LinksSQL sites only. In reply to
That's cool, I'd get in on that. They'd have to be related though and how many in my industry (construction) are running Links and if so, who would tell? Would even I? We've already been ripped by a self-proclaimed SEO expert.