Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Verifying new users

Quote Reply
Verifying new users
Hello,

I have a problem user who is creating new handles every day and posting crap. Our register process is that someone clicks on 'register', then they fill out the form, an e-mail gets sent to them with a validation code link, they click on the link, and then they can post right away. I've tried to turn on 'signup_validate_admin' but what happens is that all already registered users (about 3000) get flagged as 'disabled' and I would have to manually validate them all (unless there is a way to multi-validate???) Is there a way, from this point on, to have new users who sign-up, have to wait til an admin validates them before they can post, with out manually validating all the present ones?

sidenote: any tips on banning users that use global ip addresses, e.g. AOL, without banning them all? cookies maybe?
Quote Reply
Re: [Jumbolaya] Verifying new users In reply to
Sorry, but there isn't a signup_validate_admin option in Links SQL/Gossamer Links (at least that I can find). Admin validation for glinks is done in the link submission stage, not the signup stage.

Adrian