Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Validate link - missing category

Quote Reply
Validate link - missing category
It seems like there is an error in one of the Update functions. Don't know if it is due to the update, but just after running Update (see below), categories disappared everywhere in the link editor (in validate links and in add links, I get a javascript error saying no access). When I try to validate any of the links now, I get "missing category".

The category browse works.

I have not done anything else with my install for months, the site has been asleep for a year or so, just validated one and one link from time to time. Have never gotten an error like this before.

Error:
Update failed: Unable to download update file nph-verify.cgi: Received invalid data from update server (
Skip to Content

Search

Gossamer Threads 500: ErrorUh Oh! There has been a problem with the program you just accessed. Please wait a minute and try your request again, if the problem persists, please do contact us and we will look into it asap. In the meantime, you can continue exploring the website.

)
The following updates are available for your Gossamer Links installation:

Last edited by:

areh: May 11, 2007, 12:57 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [areh] Validate link - missing category In reply to
Sorry about that, our update system was an older copy that we forgot to sync up when upgrading our site. Those updates would have failed, so you need to install them again. I'm not sure what your category problem is, but if it still persists after the update, let me know.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Validate link - missing category In reply to
The upgrade now went fine, but I still have the problem.

It says Line 817, Char 5, No access, Code 0.
URL: domain.com/../admin.cgi?do=page&page=tools_validate.html

Last edited by:

areh: May 11, 2007, 3:08 AM
Quote Reply
I need some help on this one.. The categories still don't show.
Quote Reply
You need to access your admin through the same url that you have your db_cgi_url set as (including www., or without it). This problem should be fixed in a future release.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Validate link - missing category In reply to
Thank you, adding www fixed it.
Quote Reply
I'm having this same problem after upgrading to 3.2, although I think it worked for a while after the upgrade. The category drop-down box is empty on the add.cgi page, and the category scroll box is missing from the validate page. As far as I can tell the categories are all still there, just not showing up on the pages. It doesn't work with either www. or without.