Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Validate Toolbar Bug?

Quote Reply
Validate Toolbar Bug?
Hi,

I've got a problem with my Validate toolbar (Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... etc.)

When I first load the validate forms by clicking on 'Validate Links' on the left, the toolbar displays correctly and the pages are linked okay.

However when I delete a record and the forms are re-displayed, the toolbar pages are linked incorrectly - instead of linking to 'admin.cgi?page=tools_validate....' they have a link that contains all the data from a record 'admin.cgi?2-Votes=0;2-isNew=Yes;4-Status=301;5-Mod_Date=2003-01-15;2-URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww... etc for the rest of the record'?

Anyone come across this, or know why it may be happening?

I'm currently having to click on the left panel link and re-load the validate forms to be able to navigate through the pages.

I'm having a look around for possible causes but so far haven't come up with anything.

Any help appreciated.

All the best
Shaun
Quote Reply
Re: [qango] Validate Toolbar Bug? In reply to
Oooppps ... I forgot to mention what the problem was Smile

Problem: Page links are not responding after deleting a record

Update:-

After going through all my files and templates I couldn't see anything out of place, so I decided to try the demo version at GT to see if I could replicate the problem there.

I found that the one at GT worked the same and the problem appears to be browser related, rather than LSQL.

I've tried-out the toolbar in both NN 4.79 and IE 6, and it appears that the links work fine in Netscape Naviagtor, but are too long for IE!

I do have severl custom fields (which appears to increase the URL size for the toolbar links) and it seems they are simply too long for IE6?

Is there any way I can force a shortened URL for the toolbar page links, i.e.; "admin.cgi?page=tools_validate.html;do=page&nh=page number" ?

All the best
Shaun

Last edited by:

qango: Feb 7, 2003, 7:24 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [qango] Validate Toolbar Bug? In reply to
I have the same problem when I validate links. Would love a fix for it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jamie Marie
BuffyGuide.com