Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

User login required?

Quote Reply
User login required?
I noticed in the Beta that you had to 'Login' to add/modify a resource - would users be required to login in V2, or is this optional?

I'm asking because I don't really want to have a situation where people are required to login to be able to suggest new links Smile

All the best
Shaun

Quote Reply
Re: User login required? In reply to
It's an option like in the current links.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Thanks pugdog

Quote Reply
Yet...how would your users be able to modify their links if they are not associated with the Links??? Just playing devil's advocate.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi Eliot,

Same was as they do in the old Links, it gets sent to the administrator for validation.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I understand that...but there would still be a "login" process by inputting the LinkOwner field or some other unique field in order to modify the link, right? May be not a separate "login" form, but you would still have to input some unique field in order to access the record.

From what qango stated, it gave me the impression that anyone could edit any link they wanted to, which posses many security risks and also administrative nightmares.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi,

Nope, it's just like before. You enter the URL you want to modify, and fill out the changes, then hit submit. The admin gets to view the original record and the new one and decide whether to approve or reject the change.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.