Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Upgrades to 2.2.0 and templates

Quote Reply
Upgrades to 2.2.0 and templates
I have search around in the forum but unable to find any concrete answers to some questions about upgrading to 2.2.0

1. Does upgrade from 2.1.2 to 2.2.0 require any changes in custom templates. Can I still use exactly the same templates as I used before, or would I have to redo all templates?

2. Plugin Compatability, does Adcycle and other major plugins work with 2.2.0? I have noticed that several plugins have special releases for 2.2.0, ie plugin version which is made for 2.2.0 only. Does this mean that upgrading causes problems to existing plugins?

3. What are the major things to remember when upgrading, ie what changes takes place that could affect the website?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [demon] Upgrades to 2.2.0 and templates In reply to
1) If you don't wish to use payments, then you won't have to upgrade your templates.

2) Plugins should be compatible.

3) It's recommended you make a database and file backup before upgrading in case anything bad happens.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Upgrades to 2.2.0 and templates In reply to
Thanks.

No at this moment in time Im not interested in payment.

So that means all the old templates will work in the new version without me having to update any of them.

Great.
Quote Reply
Re: [demon] Upgrades to 2.2.0 and templates In reply to
Yes. Be sure to take a look at the template diffs to see what fixes we might have made in the templates though.

Adrian