Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Upgrade problems!

Quote Reply
Upgrade problems!
Howdy All,

I finally got some time and decided to upgrade to 2.2 from 2.1.1. Uploaded the file, set the permissions and tried the web route and got this error:

-----------
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, support@mysite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
---------------
Error Log says:
[Fri Aug 06 20:36:13 2004] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: install.cgi
[Fri Aug 06 20:36:13 2004] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xxx] Can't open perl script "
----------------

Any help to get this going appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [curman] Upgrade problems! In reply to
Hi. If you want to send over FTP details, I'll take a quick look for you. It *could* be something simple.. but I can't guarantee anything.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Upgrade problems! In reply to
Hi Andy,

FTP details? Could you elaborate? What might be causing this problem? I installed on this same server with no problems and also did an upgrade not too long ago.
Quote Reply
Quote:
FTP details? Could you elaborate?

Erm, FTP information.. i.e your login username/password to get in on the site (to take a look at it).

Quote:
What might be causing this problem?

it could be anything.

Quote:
I installed on this same server with no problems and also did an upgrade not too long ago.

An upgrade from what version? You said in your first post that you did it from 2.1.1, to 2.2.0 .... but if it was the upgrade for the previous version (i.e 2.1.0), then that came out years ago. Maybe I'm just being confused Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your help. I hope you don't take it personal but I cannot give out the FTP details Unsure. Actually I think I did a small update from 2.1 to 2.1.1 but that was a while back.

I checked all the permissions and uploaded the files again Ascii and bin but NO dice :-( .

How can I get more details to trouble shoot further?
Quote Reply
Quote:
Thank you for your help. I hope you don't take it personal but I cannot give out the FTP details

No problem.

Quote:
How can I get more details to trouble shoot further?

Not a lot really. I mean you can check the basic stuff, like file/folder CHMODs, make sure that other Perl scripts are working (and its not Perl that screwed up somewhere). And thats about it. There are other things you can do... but it would take a while to explain :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

I did all that is recommended in the install.cgi file:

chmodded properly, 0755
Directory it is in chmodded properly 0755
Uploaded install.cgi in ASCII
Uploaded install.dat in ASCII
Path to perl correct

I'm beating my head against the wall now :-(
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

I finally got it going. The problem was my windows untar program. I untar the file on the server and it works now. However I am facing another problem. See Upgrade problems 2!