Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Update - DANG IT

Quote Reply
Update - DANG IT
Ok I did the update with major reservations - but I did it anyway and now my site looks like CRUD. The categories are now all squished together.

I reloaded my Luna_core.css and all my Luna templates to try to get it back to the way it used to look. But nothing works.

Anyone figure out what was messed with? Its obviously a Luna issue because I did not rebuild.

The Site that looks like YUK: http://freezone.ssan.com/ Thanks for any help offered.

SandraR

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Post deleted by SandraR In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] Update - DANG IT In reply to
ANOMOLY!!!!!

How I fixed it - hang on to your pants here!

Deleted all the stuff in Luna_core.css - hit the key F5 to reload the page YUP it was all gone and weird looking.

Copy and pasted the guts back into the CSS editor luna_core.css

It was all fixed - to my surprise and shock.

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
The reason it got all messed up is because luna_core.css gets overwritten on every upgrade and you have custom changes in the file. You should put your changes in the luna.css file so that this does not happen on your next upgrade.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Update - DANG IT In reply to

Hello Adrian,

I always back up the luna files because of the upgrades. When I upgraded then reloaded my customized luna files it was still messed up.

When I copy and pasted my customized luna files instead of using the FTP program the changes finally took place. I have no idea why that happened other than my FTP program lied when it said it over wrote the files?

The dreaded Upgrades.

Perhaps a group could be set up to test the upgrades with a variety of servers and situations prior to the release? I would gladly volunteer.

One for the suggestion box

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
Your browser is going to cache the css files to speed up requests. Try clearing your cache or reloading the page if you run into caching issues.

You really should consider moving your changes that you've made to luna_core.css file into luna.css. You most likely wouldn't have run into any of these issues if your changes were in luna.css since the installer won't overwrite the file.

Adrian