Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Unable to Save Newsletter template

Quote Reply
Unable to Save Newsletter template
Hello there,

After searching the forum for a couple of hours I still couldn't find a solution for what seems to be a bug of some kind so I decided to do my first posting in this forum after 3-4 years of visiting for soulutions :)

Basically, I can't save any changes to the default newsletter template. It says changes saved successfully but nothing is saved. Does anybody know what's the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Quote Reply
Re: [daser007] Unable to Save Newsletter template In reply to
Check if the following helps:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=267047

HyTC
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Unable to Save Newsletter template In reply to
I appreciate your help. I downloaded and intalled the file but nothing has changed.

It is only the newsletter template. All other templates are ok after a modification I found in the forum a few days ago.

Basically it says newsletter template has been successfully saved but it hasn't at all.

Any ideas? Is anybody else having the same problem?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Hi.

I just tried what you intended to on our copy of installation and it went off fine.
The only problem that i had was that when html mode was selected, the recepient receives completely unformatted hard to make sense message

HyTC
Quote Reply
Thanks for trying it. I have two copies of Links SQL and both do the same I wonder if it would be a matter of directory/files permissions??

Because none of my copies save changes in the newsletter file.

As for the html, same thing happened to me. Now I only send text emails.

Hopefully someone will know what's going on :)
Quote Reply
Hi.

The Changes to Newsletters gets Saved in Database as far as I could figure out ... in the table lsql_EmailTemplates (presuming that you had selected lsql_ as prefix to tablenames during initial install).

So it looks like your changes are not being committed to the database (the above table to be precise), and the template name is NWSLTRTMPLT if it's the default template that you are changing ... (or whatever Name thatyou give if you are doing a Save As).

Directory/File Permission Issues are ruled out AFAIK, as it would have given visible error message.

So perhaps, turn debugging on, do a change again and paste the debug message for maestros to see and offer solution. I am sorry, this is the best that I can suggest ...

While on HTML Mails ... i just included this <%Links::Utils::load_link%> and that's settled ... though be warned that there are issues which need to be rectified with respect to LinksSQL Mails as mailing are without Message-ID...

BTW: I hope you are not running apache with mod_security ... as sql injection attacks protection and other stuff prevent POST ...

Best Luck
HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Oct 2, 2004, 10:12 AM
Quote Reply
I am also unable to save my newsletter template, I get an Internat server error and my error log shows

[Fri Feb 04 13:31:12 2005] [error] [client my IP address] Premature end of script headers: admin.cgi, referer: http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi