Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

URL of static detailed pages

Quote Reply
URL of static detailed pages
Hi!

Just a question: if I generate a detailed page at the moment I can reach it unter URL .../Detailed/1.html e.g.

What I want, is to reach the detailed page not at this URL but at

/folder1/folder2/folder3/nameOfLink.html with folder1/../folder3 is the "full_name" of the category, in which the link is.

That means, that firstly the place has to be changed, where the static page is built and secondly the result of <%detailed_url%> has to be changed...

Is this possible???

Thanks for helping, Tina
Quote Reply
Re: [tga] URL of static detailed pages In reply to
Hi,

Something like this?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=216197

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [tga] URL of static detailed pages In reply to
If you're using GLinks 3.x, you can use the build_detail_format option, though the detailed path can't be the same as your build_root_path.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] URL of static detailed pages In reply to
In Reply To:
If you're using GLinks 3.x, you can use the build_detail_format option, though the detailed path can't be the same as your build_root_path.

brewt,

So how do you access dynamically this: www.site.com/cars/title.html

In dynamic mode it doesn’t work for error:

Unable to find detailed page: ''.

The only way is to specify a directory off root in 'build_detail_url' but then you get for a static build: www.site.com/detailed/cars/title.html

Is this limitation correct?

--------------------------------
Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] URL of static detailed pages In reply to
If you change the root_url and static_url to be the same, static mode will work, but dynamic mode will not.

Adrian