Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Top XX Links on non-GT pages?

Quote Reply
Top XX Links on non-GT pages?
Hopefully asking this doesnt get me in trouble, as I'd assume it's been asked before. Been searching for 30 minutes and haven't found the answer so here it goes...

How would I include the Top XX links on non-Gossamer Threads pages? For instance, on my main home page that's not part of the script?

Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: [misteraven] Top XX Links on non-GT pages? In reply to
You would write some globals that would grab the most popular links in your directory, and show them on a new template page. Then use SSI to call page.cgi?p=template_name . Sorry I can't be any more specific, it all sounds easy enough in my head.. but its not so easy to explain Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Top XX Links on non-GT pages? In reply to
The page I'm attempting to bring them into is not a template page. It also happens to be a PHP page.

Anyone ever try and pull 'Top XX Links' into a non-GT PHP page? (sorry i wasnt more specific earlier)
Quote Reply
You could just use some normal PHP codes to connect to the database, and then find out the top xx links in your database.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Top XX Links on non-GT pages? In reply to
I figured maybe someone would have done something similar before me. I could probably figure it out, but thought if maybe someone's already done it, it'd save me hours worth of frustration trying to do the same thing since my php skills aren't all that great.
Quote Reply
AFAIK it hasn't been done before I'm afraid, although it is definatly possible.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk