Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Too many open files ?!

Quote Reply
Too many open files ?!
Today i got a problem while building my links. I have a about 6000 links with one or more pictures inside.
When building i got an error after the half of usual time with the message "too many open files ..."
So it seems, there should be a function that close the files after building it, isnīt so?

The problem seems to be in file.pm not in build.cgi or build.pm while there is always open, wirte, close.
Maybe someone knows more about this?

Meanwhile i will try a look for file.pm ;-)

Robert
Quote Reply
Re: [Robert] Too many open files ?! In reply to
Hi,

What version of Links SQL are you using? I believe this was fixed in 2.1.2 (it is indeed with the file module).

Send an email to support-lsql@gossamer-threads.com and we can send you a new File.pm if you don't want to upgrade (not a quick fix).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Too many open files ?! In reply to
Thank you, Alex.
I will try the update. I didnīt know there is a new version.
BTW: I have so many own hackz inside that itīs not possible to upgrade automatically.
Is there a way to get the files from a new version without the installer?
Now i have to install it from new, ftp the files back to my workstation and after that
i could compare the changes with my own version.

Maybe there is another bug in the 2.11.
If i move one link from a category to another, it counts right in the browser, but when building i got no change at the static sites (have proofed and reindexed the database) and tested if the page is really builded new ;-)
Maybe this is fixed with the 2.12 too ?

Robert