Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Things to improve: Short Validating + Show Category

Quote Reply
Things to improve: Short Validating + Show Category
While testing my new links i have a lot of test-links to validate/delete.
For this it would be nice to have a smaller list to show; the best would be to choose the shown fields for my own:
Example:
In the admin should be new link: Short Validate
At the mixed options i got a new field were i could choose all the fields i want to be shown in the short-validate;
say we choose URL and User (cause we know that some webmaster do their job right or we know that some sites should deleted. Then we klick on short-validate, get 50 (should choosen, too) Links and could kill or validate the choosen ones. This would be solve another problem we have dayly.
Cause we await a backlink for our search-engine, we proofe every site for it. If someone hasnīt the backlink we let the link inside the db to give him more time to act. (Especially for good sites, bad ones will be killed most of the time immediately.)

BTW: There i have another idea: Say you want a backlink from someone to validate. Then you could delete him with a message saying, please try it again and dont forget the backlink. But then he must do the whole work again.
Better would be a new button: Let the link in validation-status, but send an individual mail (better one choosen from a list).

Another thing is the shown category:
Say you have 100 cats and in every cat is one subcat called "Others", then you will see while validating every time as cat "others"; but you dont know if cars/others, pets/others ...

Think this is very important for people having a link-dir. Dont you think so?

Another night full of ideas ;-) Hope someone is interested in ...
Robert

Last edited by:

Robert: Feb 11, 2002, 7:08 PM