Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Templates for V2.1

Quote Reply
Templates for V2.1
I have been away from GT for awhile learning another CMS, and boy how things have changed here! LSQL and GForum have moved along at blinding speed! You must have an army of programmers :-)

Question: I just downloaded LinksSQL 2.1 to my development/test site. Where are the templates? I searched through the forum posts and manual, and they seem to indicate that the templates are still chosen through the setup options. This option only has default and php. I thought maybe they have been moved to the build option, but not there either? I looked in the programs' directory trees and they're not there either. Hmmm, I know I must be missing something, somewhere? (If I have missed the forum post for this I apologize for re-asking.)
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] Templates for V2.1 In reply to
Thats a very good point! I notied that the templates were not there by default, but I was thinking maybe it was a development stage (2.1 has a lot of extras Smile).

Maybe Alex or someone could answer you better on this though Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'll be adding them to the download area today, and officially announce Links SQL 2.1. To reduce the size of the install and download, from now on only the default template set is being distributed, but we'll have 5 others available in the download area: av, mint, snap, simple and yahoo.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Templates for V2.1 In reply to
Thanks for clearing that up.
Quote Reply
Hi,

I have looked in the registered owners download area but I can not find the new templates. Is it just my account or has anyone else downloaded them yet?

Regards,

Spencer
Quote Reply
Re: [webcity] Templates for V2.1 In reply to
I am also still waiting patiently.
Quote Reply
Hi,

The template pack is finally up!

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Is GT going to modify the templates to be XHTML compatible. Its quite simple to do. Basically it just means closing all tags (even <br> etc), placing quotes around all attributes and using all lower case.

Its probably worth while doing. XML is going to play a big part in the internet, so updating the templates to comply with the standards could potentially be a good selling point, as well as help out any customers that wish to modify the product to use XML.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
hi new to the forum...

Where are the templates located... looking for the av template thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: [bugnman] Templates for V2.1 In reply to
You log in to the download area (for LSQL updates), and there is a file in there called 'TemplatePack'. Download that, and upload the /av/ folder in it.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!