Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Template names....

Quote Reply
Template names....
SmileHi

I would like to know where the default template names are defined.

I am translating LSQL 2.1 into french

then instead the name home.html for the homepage template I would like to call it accueil.html ; instead category default template for the category pages, I would like to call it rubrique.htm... and so on...

I don't want to create another template, I juste want to change the names of the existings ones

ThanksWink

FMP
Quote Reply
Re: [fmp] Template names.... In reply to
Why do you want to do this? It would require a rewrite of much of Links SQL. I'm sure it would just be easier to leanr what each of the categories names mean in french ;) , or possibly add some HTML at the top with a translation box of what they mean?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Template names.... In reply to
Hi

thanks for your response

The template default name are not defined in only one place? I says that because in LINKs 2 it was ; we just have to change the path to the template file

FMP

PS : I got an error when I clic on the links of your signature...
Quote Reply
Hi. The way I would personally do it is to edit the admin templates in /templates/admin to include a table, which will have the name of the template, and then the french equivelant. I'm not completly sure what tempalte it is you need to edit, so maybe someone else can help with that Tongue

Thanks for pointing out about my signature links, looks like GForum has screwed up my sig again ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

This would not be an easy change to do, as the template names are used in several places.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.