Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Template Global not updating on pages

Quote Reply
Template Global not updating on pages
Think I might have discovered a possible bug.

I added a customised template global and then built all my templates calling in this variable.

This all worked fine, until I recently decided to make a change to my new template global field. The changes were saved but were not reflected when my site pages were re-built.

Changes to the standard template global fields are reflected in page rebuilds, however.

Furthermore, /admin/templates/default/local/global.txt does reflect my changes.

Any help much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [johnt] Template Global not updating on pages In reply to
Another thing to check, is that the /admin/templates/default, /admin/templates/default/compiled and /admin/templates/default/local are all CHMODed to 777, and the files in them, to 666.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Template Global not updating on pages In reply to
All three directories are 777.

Most of the files within are 666...

Some of the files in 'local' directory are 644 - all the html files are 666 but the .bak files are 644

All the files in 'compiled' are 666

All the files in 'default' are 666
Quote Reply
Re: [johnt] Template Global not updating on pages In reply to
If you want to PM over your LinksSQL admin details, I'll have a quick look for you. Also, a URL where the design doesn't seem to be updating.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!