Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Template Editor Resize - preference

Quote Reply
Template Editor Resize - preference
Is there some way in the admin of LinksSQL, to make the default of the template editor be bigger?

I know you cna resize it, but it does slow things down, and more preferably, I'd like to set my preference somewhere, and be able to resize from there.

In addition, how would I change the pulldown menu under Database. I'd like it to default to "links" and "properties"

It's prolly right in front of my nose. Laugh
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] Template Editor Resize - preference In reply to
Hi,

You'll need to edit admin templates for this. Look in admin/templates/admin/db_nav.html and admin/templates/admin/build_tpl.html.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Template Editor Resize - preference In reply to
I am wondering, is the system supposed to remember what size I chose? It doesn't rememebr a thing for me, each time I have to change it. Is this a bug?
Quote Reply
Hi,

It should set a cookie. I haven't looked at that in a while, but will take another look.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Template Editor Resize - preference In reply to
ah... another little mac bug, I presume. Wink
seems like it is an IE bug, as I just checked in Netscape, and it seems to remember my settings. I would so love to see this fixed, as i work in IE mostly... and it is a pain in the butt.

Quote Reply
Evoir

I've just started working on my installation of LinksSQL and it seems easiest to edit the templates directly using a normal text editor (they are in admin/templates).

This way I can have multiple files open, compare them, and cut and paste between them.

Just a thought!

John
Quote Reply
Re: [JohnK] Template Editor Resize - preference In reply to
John,

thanks for your input. I've been editing templates for a long time now. Sometimes you just want to tweek a little snippet here and there... truely, there is a bug. It isn't supposed to be like this. But thanks. Smile