Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Tags for file type fields

Quote Reply
Tags for file type fields
Hi,

In Links table I have a column of File type.
What tags can I use for this field in link.html template?

Thanks,
Valera
Quote Reply
Re: [svalera] Tags for file type fields In reply to
JUst use whatever you set the column as. For example, if I added a new field called 'Price', when I would just call it using <%Price%>

Hope that helps Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Tags for file type fields In reply to
Hi Andy,

Ok, if I have a field 'Price' of File Type and if I will add a link with file doc.pdf coresponfing to this field I will obtain:
In database it will be stored as doc.pdf, but on the server it will be stored as link_id-doc.pdf

And if I will use in template <%Price%> tag, after parsing I will obtain doc.pdf, but I need this: link_id-doc.pdf

Valera

Last edited by:

svalera: Oct 13, 2002, 8:44 AM
Quote Reply
You should use the following:

<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?view=Price&ID=<%ID%>

Last edited by:

Paul: Oct 13, 2002, 8:48 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Tags for file type fields In reply to
Hi Paul,

Thank you for answer.

I can do it only in this way?

How can I obtain the static link to the file?
Where (in support forum or Links SQL Manual ... ) can I find some documentation about "File uploads" in Links SQL?

Valera

Last edited by:

svalera: Oct 13, 2002, 9:03 AM
Quote Reply
Some documentation is in your admin area: "Help -> GT Module Documentation -> SQL::File", and you will also find some hints in admin/Links/User/Jump.pm.

<ad>
You can also buy my Attachment plugin, which allows you to easily attach files to links, and whjch allows you to choose if you want direct links to files (good for server resources) or links through jump.cgi (good for access restrictions). Details can be found in the following post: http://gossamer-threads.com/...rum.cgi?post=219660;
</ad>

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins