Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Switching between Template Sets

Quote Reply
Switching between Template Sets
How can I switch between template sets without ending up with something like (t=ARRAY%280x846ec60%29&d=1) that always leads to an error eventually?

I think I've looked at every post that has to do with Dynamic pages, and ARRAY, and can't find the answer.

Thanks

Regards,
Clueless

Quote Reply
Re: [Clueless] Switching between Template Sets In reply to
I hope Alex is addressing this. This problem happens with the d=1 parameter as well. Somewhere, in some routine, the parameters are being 'layered' rather than squashed.

If the parameters were put into a HASH, then each parameter would appear only once. The later one would overwrite the earlier one, but you'd never have more than one value for each parameter.

Somewhere, the parameters are being accessed as an array, and when the "dynamic" or potentially any of the "preserve" parameters are added on, they are duplicated in the ARRAY, rather than being set in the HASH.

This is an intermittant, but persistent issue.

I have a feeling it happened when the change was made from the default of dynamic=1 to dynamic=0, and not all the routines are updated.

It's something Alex is going to have to address, maybe by doing diff/compares on the various routines to see where it's getting layered.

Anyway..... you are not alone :)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [Clueless] Switching between Template Sets In reply to
Hi,

I've got a fix for this (involves changes to three files). I just have two other people doing testing on it to make sure it really works this time. I'll post the changes tommorrow assuming all goes well.

I also plan on putting a 2.1.1 out shortly that will contain the bug fixes (mainly this one and searching with custom sort orders).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Switching between Template Sets In reply to
For me it has been happening when going to add.cgi or modify.cgi. It seems like in throws another d=1 in there even if it is already there. So you get d=1&d=1, and then the arrays begin.

Thanks

Regards,
Clueless

Last edited by:

Clueless: Apr 4, 2002, 7:14 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Switching between Template Sets In reply to
Alex,

Cool! I look forward to this. Now I can stop banging my head.

Thanks

Regards,
Clueless

Quote Reply
Alex,

Any news on this yet?

Thanks

Regards,
Clueless

Quote Reply
Alex,

Can I get the changes to the 3 files?

My site is so screwed up now, if they don't work it won't matter.

Thanks

Regards,
Clueless