Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Sub Cat display question

Quote Reply
Sub Cat display question
Hi,

Is it possible to qualify the <%category%> tag to just show a specific category only?

Thanks!

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Sub Cat display question In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

Is it possible to qualify the <%category%> tag to just show a specific category only?
Thats what you are looking for? http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...=%24fatherid;#225959
Quote Reply
Re: [dearnet] Sub Cat display question In reply to
Thanks for the info but I am actually looking for the possibility of a simple qualification of the tag <%category%> such as something like this:

<%category=widgets%>

And then only the tree from there down would display. IE:

* Blue Widgets * Green Widgets
* Yellow Widgets * Orange Widgets
etc...

Thanks though...THat has some good info there as well.
Quote Reply
I just confirmed that this cannot be done without a global or plugin. FYI
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I just confirmed that this cannot be done without a global or plugin. FYI

Hi!

Yes, I know exactly what you want and leading to. This can be done by a global. Mostlikely a plugin is a bit too much. Thats what also I mentioned in my thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...;;page=unread#unread

There, I mentioned what was a problem. i.e. exactly what you want, although without any solution:

<%SubCategory('CategoryID')%>

Then it would load only Sub_Category but one needs to pass the CategoryID (or Name etc) before and then it would load only sub_categories. The advantage is that one can have lets say 100 Main categories and each having again a 100 subcategories giving a total of 10.000 categories with this LITTLE gobal.

It would only require to query the database with the CategoryID. Queries are done anyway to generate a pop-up but offers no selection of ID. This allows a reduced pop-up considerably.