Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Straight Import option doesn't keep original LinkID?

Quote Reply
Straight Import option doesn't keep original LinkID?
Hi

When importing data I check the "Straight Import" and "Clear Tables" options as instructed, but the Links still don't keep the original LinkID.

ie. The ID of the old link is NOT the ID of the new link.

That's how I understood it should work?

Is there something else I should be doing?

Regan

Last edited by:

ryel01: Jun 28, 2004, 1:49 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Straight Import option Bug? LinkSQL 2.2.0 In reply to
I just had a closer look and my problem and it isn't exactly as I thought...

What's happening is some un-validated links are being inserted before validated ones, and they're being allocated new LinkID's which are the same as some of the validated links being inserted after it.

Spotted the same problem in this post but there doesn't seem to be a fix?

Does anyone know of solution that doesn't involve validating all the links causing the problem? I've got over 1000 of them waiting...

Thanks

Regan.

Last edited by:

ryel01: Jun 28, 2004, 3:21 AM
Quote Reply
Although I thought it's the same problem as in the link referenced above, it's actually not the same. In that thread the conflicting links already had the same link id, but came from different tables (being the link and validation tables).

My links do not have the same Link id's to begin with.

What seems to be happening is un-validated links are being inserted at the same time as validated links, but instead of falling in behind the validated links whose id's I want to keep, the unvalidated links are being inserted in the "next available spot". This obviously causes a problem when a link with the same id that I want to keep tries to be inserted later in the queue.

Look forward to the soultion!

Regan

Last edited by:

ryel01: Jun 30, 2004, 4:59 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Regan,

I've tracked this down, and fixed the import code on your site. For anyone else who encounters this problem, I've attached a replacement for the admin/Links/Import/S1S2.pm file distributed with 2.2.0, which fixes the problem. I've also updated the 2.2.0 package in the download section with the fix.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Straight Import option Bug? LinkSQL 2.2.0 In reply to

Thanks Jason - much appreciated!!

Regan