Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Straight Import glitch

Quote Reply
Straight Import glitch
It doesn't appear this has been mentioned previously, but my apologies if it has (I did a few searches). When I did my final production import (Straight so as to preserve link id numbers) yesterday with Critical Warnings turned on, it kept dying on one of them:

Import error: CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Unable to insert validated link `Rick' (SQL query: `INSERT INTO Links_Links (ID, LinkOwner, isValidated, Contact_Name, Contact_Email, Title, URL, Add_Date, Mod_Date, Description, Hits, isNew, isChanged, isPopular, Rating, Votes, Status, Date_Checked, Priority, isFeatured) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)'): Duplicate entry '11100' for key 1 at /path/to/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Import/S1S2.pm line 675

Nothing looked unusual about that entry, but I finally figured out that it was due to the entries waiting to be validated having been imported into the Links table before some of the already validated entries. (I must not have had any awaiting validation when I did my test imports previously.) One of them happened to get id# 11100, so the link that already had that id could not follow the straight import...

Dan