Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Stop text showin in dump?

Quote Reply
Stop text showin in dump?
Hi. Without modifying the script, is there a build in --option that I can use to stop the;

TOPIC: Top/Business/Industries/Manufacturing/Consumer_Products/Pet_Supplies/Birds ... skipping

stuff coming up? I think that is what is slowing down my DMOZ dumps quite a lot when running them via the browser :(

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Stop text showin in dump? In reply to
Showing a line of text after each category is imported is hardly going to slow things down....its the server/database thats going to be affecting the speed if anything.

Um but you shouldn't be importing DMOZ via the web anyway.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 3, 2002, 3:52 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Stop text showin in dump? In reply to
I know..but I'm on a crappy connection Wink

As for not doing it via SSH, tell me about it! I've been trying to get it working via Cron for ages...but EVERY time it just shows the HTML you get when calling nph-import.cgi via a browser! Oh, and I HAVE added the fix that Alex reported for similar problems with DMOZ dumps. ARGH! Frown

Oh well, thanks.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!