Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Status and Date_Checked - Making Visible

Quote Reply
Status and Date_Checked - Making Visible
In Admin > Browse > Modify Link, and Admin > Database > Links > Modify, I need to see, and hopefully edit Status and Date_Checked.

But the only way I can even see them is in Admin > Database > Links > Search Results

I have tried ... all morning ... to work it out for myself, but have conceded defeat.

What do I have to change to make Status and Date_Checked visible and editable in other forms?
Quote Reply
Re: [YoYoYoYo] Status and Date_Checked - Making Visible In reply to
These fields are not to be changed manually. They are automatically changed my the link checker.
However if you would need to make them you will need to modify the admin template where these forms are, and modify the admin.cgi itself, too.

Although, I don't recommend to do this for yourself, because your LinksSQL will be not upgradable anymore. Would you want this?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Hi,

Not sure you should do this, but the change would be in admin/Links/Link.pm at line 402:

my $FORM_HIDE_FIELDS = [qw/isNew isChanged isPopular Status Date_Checked/];

You can remove them from the list.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Status and Date_Checked - Making Visible In reply to
Thanks, that should be enough. The main thing is to know what the most recent status is -- it's important information about the link.

If I were to change it manually, do I risk breaking something else?

Presumably any column could be placed in
my $FORM_HIDE_FIELDS = [qw/ ... /] ???

Last edited by:

YoYoYoYo: Mar 14, 2002, 2:35 PM
Quote Reply
I'm not sure you would "break" anything, but depending on how Links generates stats, you might have some inconsistencies in statistics reporting until you ran a new check.

Also, because there is a "status" database that keeps status of the links and the dates checked, that will not be entirely accurate, since it won't get updated if you manually change the value.

The "hidden" fields are fields that are managed by Links, and while it might be nice to see them, they shouldn't be messed with -- messing with them wouldn't accomplish much.

Now... what I could see is instead of a "FORM_HIDE_FIELDS" parameter, there be a "FORM_NOEDIT_FIELDS" list which simply prints out the value, with no means to change it.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.