Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Static Version : how to switch content for .html and .cgi pages

Quote Reply
Static Version : how to switch content for .html and .cgi pages
Is there a way to differentiate pages based on extension within static ouput like:

1. pages ending with .cgi (user.cgi, page.cgi, search.cgi.. etc)
2. pages ending with .php (.php is build extension)

I am wanting to use include function, however can't really use same include function on both .php and cgi pages. So if there is some option where I can use conditions like:

if cgipages
...use content one
elsif
... use content two

Thanks.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Static Version : how to switch content for .html and .cgi pages In reply to
Hi,

Ironically, I was thinking of doing something like this today (for my advert plugin) - However, I couldn't really find a way to do it :( I thought maybe doing a check on a $ENV variable would do it - but for the dynamically built pages, it gives the wrong $ENV value (as its still being run via a script - nph-build.cgi, therefore it always returns true :()

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Static Version : how to switch content for .html and .cgi pages In reply to
Right now the only solution I can think of is to:

1. Create two include file for each required function and use them separate file within .cgi and static build pages.

However for Software Devil, I am having about 150 template pages and having double file for each such feature increase chances of making an error.

Vishal
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Static Version : how to switch content for .html and .cgi pages In reply to
There may well be a way of doing it - something like <%if is_script%> or something - but nothing came to me when trying to do this earler. Maybe GT have a suggestion.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Static Version : how to switch content for .html and .cgi pages In reply to
There is no real way to use <%if is_script%> or other conditions on static pages.

The option that could be helpful is using ssi or php include (still trying to figure out on how though..), however I am still out of idea on how to make it work. (Right now I am able to use .html, .shtml & .php tags on static pages), however it might not be viable solution for your Advert plugin, as not everyone will be playing with their .htaccess file this much.

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi,

For my Advert plugin, I've actually just completed anothe version, which uses an IFRAME - so doesn't require mod_rewrite :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I know this cool guy Andy:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=248755

Last edited by:

Payooo: Sep 30, 2009, 6:07 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Payooo] Static Version : how to switch content for .html and .cgi pages In reply to
hahah - already worked a way around it using a global :) Not as simple as doing <%if d%> (thats only when actually running via page.cgi, and having the whole site run dynamically)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I was finally able to find a way around to get the function included, by using combination of ssi and pagi.cgi

Now back to code editor to fix IE issues.

Vishal