Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Site of the Day! How ?

Quote Reply
Site of the Day! How ?
Hello all,

Is it possible to do with LSQL the 'Site of the Day' like somebody was done with Links 2.0 at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=118339 ? Please help.
Quote Reply
Re: [reenee] Site of the Day! How ? In reply to
Would it just be a random link? Or is there any special criteria you would like to make it site of the day?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Site of the Day! How ? In reply to
Hi Andy,

For your information, i create a database for recipes, what i need is the page will listing 2 recipes of the day for each category, let see i have 10 category so every category will listing 2 recipes. It also randomly but its only random daily and not random every time user visit the page, so ..the idea is i will run the script by using crontab for daily changers.

Please help ..
Quote Reply
For dynamic pages could be possible to write a global, but for static usage I think would be more difficult.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Site of the Day! How ? In reply to
Thanks webmaster,

Can you show me how can i do that please ?
Quote Reply
I could, but not right now.
I'm in middle of developments now, but we may return to the SOTD task later.
However I'm almost sure, there will be a solution soon, before I could look into the problem.

I'll watch this thread, do it you too.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...