Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Quote Reply
Hello there,

Out of the blue, without any changes on my part as far as I know and error displays everytime a user tries to register for an account. I use the community plugin and it had worked well all the time. Now everytime a user tries to register the following mesage displays:

There were the following problems processing your signup:

Unable to load Links SQL because: Bareword "GT::Date::FORMAT_DATE" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /home/motosites/www/cgi-bin/admin/Links.pm line 879.
Compilation failed in require at /home/motosites/private/lib/Community/Apps/Local/LinksSQL.pm line 169.

I tried to search for a solution in the forums but was unable to find anything.

You can try to register and see the error in action here:

http://motosites.com/cgi-bin/add.cgi

One of my visitors warned me about the error today but it probably has been going on for a few days now. Please help as users can't register now and I have no clue on how to fix this.

I really appreciate your time and help!

Thanks a lot!

David
Quote Reply
Re: [daser007] Sign Up for an Account Error In reply to
You need to upgrade Community to the latest version. However, if you have gforum installed you're going to have to symlink the GT directory to the newest product you have installed.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Sign Up for an Account Error In reply to
Thanks a lot for your help Adrian. How do I upgrade Community? I went to the licensed area and community is not there. I do use Gforum... How do I "symlink the GT directory to the newest product you have installed"? What are you refering to by "newest product"?

I appreciate your help. I wonder why everything was working fine untill now...

Thanks,

David
Quote Reply
We just released a new Gossamer Forum with new libraries so you won't have to do the symlinking.

As for community, you can download it here: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/download/free.cgi?prod_code=gcommunity

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks! I just upgraded community and gforum and now the problem is gone!

The only thing now is that when you are logged in in community and click on logout you get this error:

The system encountered a fatal error: Can't use string ("1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /home/motosites/private/lib/GT/Template.pm line 866.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
The only thing now is that when you are logged in in community and click on logout you get this error:

The system encountered a fatal error: Can't use string ("1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /home/motosites/private/lib/GT/Template.pm line 866.
[/quote]Yeah,

I have the same problem. Posted here but no reply from GT Unsure

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Try deleting the .compiled files in all the template/compiled directories for all products (only doing it for Community should fix that particular problem, but doing other ones as well should be safer).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Aaah, poor boy Smile

Sorry for the stupid post Wink

This fixed the problem now everything works ... both signup and logout.

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins