Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Several 3.0.0 Errors

Quote Reply
Several 3.0.0 Errors
I had some unvalidatd links in my database. I upgrated to 3.0.0 and now when I click on the Validate Links link, I get the following error

A fatal error has occured:

Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Tools.pm line 850.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Stack Trace

======================================
Links (28922): Links::environment called at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/Links.pm line 700 with no arguments.
Links (28922): Links::fatal called at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Tools.pm line 850 with arguments
(Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Tools.pm line 850.
).
Links (28922): Links::Tools::validate_links called at GT::Template::_call_func line 735 with no arguments.
Links (28922): GT::Template::_call_func called at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/templates/admin/compiled/tools_validate.html.compiled line 22 with arguments
(GT::Template=HASH(0x8e7bca4), Links::Tools::validate_links).
Links (28922): GT::Template::parsed_template called at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Template.pm line 523 with arguments
(GT::Template=HASH(0x8e7bca4)).
Links (28922): GT::Template::_parse called at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Template.pm line 139 with arguments
(GT::Template=HASH(0x8e7bca4), tools_validate.html, HASH(0x8e7bb48)).
Links (28922): GT::Template::parse called at Links::admin_page line 305 with arguments
(GT::Template, tools_validate.html, ARRAY(0x8e6abcc), HASH(0x8e7bb48)).
Links (28922): Links::admin_page called at admin.cgi line 50 with no arguments.
Links (28922): main::main called at admin.cgi line 24 with no arguments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also getting the following error if I attempt to check the difference in my templates and the originals. I have verified that all file paths are correct, and nothing has changed since upgrading.

A fatal error has occured:

You must set your root directory! at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/GT/FileMan.pm line 278.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Stack Trace

======================================
Links (30543): Links::environment called at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/Links.pm line 700 with no arguments.
Links (30543): Links::fatal called at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/GT/FileMan.pm line 278 with arguments
(You must set your root directory! at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/GT/FileMan.pm line 278.
).
Links (30543): GT::FileMan::load_paths called at /home2/mysite/public_html/kkpl/cgi-bin/admin/GT/FileMan.pm line 47 with arguments
(GT::FileMan=HASH(0x87537d0)).
Links (30543): GT::FileMan::new called at admin.cgi line 226 with arguments
(GT::FileMan, cfg, HASH(0x88d4f08), url_opts, do=fileman).
Links (30543): main::fileman called at admin.cgi line 53 with no arguments.
Links (30543): main::main called at admin.cgi line 24 with no arguments.

Quote Reply
Re: [eclipse] Several 3.0.0 Errors In reply to
Can you enable debugging for the first error and pm me the results?

For the second one, I'll have to get Jason to put out an update for (we packaged the wrong version of FileMan again Crazy).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Several 3.0.0 Errors In reply to
I have PM'd you this information. Any idea when these might be resolved. I am kinda dead in the water right now.
Quote Reply
I didn't get those errors but my unvalidated links disappeared. I only had a couple, so I responded to the email notifications and asked the folks to resubmit. So the moral of the story is, before you upgrade, validate, build changed and make your backup :) Then upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: [loxly] Several 3.0.0 Errors In reply to
Well, I won't say totally dead in the water, but the error messages aren't letting me even access the validate links, so I don't know if it the old pending links causing this or the fact that something incorrect was uploaded into the package and needs to be fixed first.
Quote Reply
An update to fix the FileMan issue has been posted. I'll be working on the validate link issue in a bit.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Can I get access to your admin panel to debug this?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Several 3.0.0 Errors In reply to
You have a PM with the info
Quote Reply
I'm getting the same error.
Quote Reply
Re: [jimfurtado] Several 3.0.0 Errors In reply to
This problem is usually caused by not having an admin user (somehow it got deleted). Check that you have an 'admin' user.

Adrian