Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Setup Problem?

Quote Reply
Setup Problem?
Hi,

I am in a server with perl 5 and mySQL 3.23.44.

My problem when I reached this window while I am setting-up the script in the hosting server "Links SQL Setup - SQL Information" and I got the following error:

"Error: Could not connect to database. Reason: Access denied for user: 'cashflo4@cashflowaffiliate.com' (Using password: YES)"

The username is only "cashflo4" for the database.

I am stuck, please help me.[:/]
Quote Reply
Re: [bualliy] Setup Problem? In reply to
So you have definatly added that user for access to that database? (it wont help just making the user, you also have to add it to the database Tongue). Also, what permissions have you given the user?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [bualliy] Setup Problem? In reply to
First, after adding that user, did you restart MySQL (if you used the grant command, it would have been automaticly done).

You can use MySQLMan to look at the 'mysql' database, and make sure that your user actually has the permissions you think they do.

If you make any changes, you need to restart MySQL (or update the permissions). On a dedicated server during set up, it's easier, and better just to restart MySQL.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Setup Problem? In reply to
>>If you make any changes, you need to restart MySQL (or update the permissions). <<

You just need to type:

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;