Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Setting up two different SubCategories

Quote Reply
Setting up two different SubCategories
Hello Again,

I understand there is a subcategories.html template that allows you to edit the way the subcategories look. My problem is, I want to have two different looking subcategory templates.

There will be subcategories on home.html. When you will click one of those subcategories you will be directed to another page/list of subcategories that will be sorted in two columns down the page. Now, the set of subcategories on home.html will be totally different then any other subcategories that will appear thoughout the rest of the site.

Is there a way of ?

Please help,

Eddie
Quote Reply
Re: [eddie123] Setting up two different SubCategories In reply to
Similar question/answer given at:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=225402

For you as well, wasnt it? Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Setting up two different SubCategories In reply to
Hey Andy,

No, this is a different question. I don't think I'm wording it right.

What I need is this:

1. home.html with one column listing of catergories.

2. then, another page a categories split in 2 columns, (BUT!) these categories will look totally different then the categories on home.html. Not, becuase they are split in 2 columns, but because they will be different in color and in size. Different Html.

3. then, another page with a one column listing of links.

The way my site will work is someone will visit home.html (#1), then they will pick a category, say "ice cream." Then, the visitor will be directed to a page (#2) where there will be a listing of categories in two columns (These categories will look nothing like the categories on home.html). From here, the visitor would choose, "say vanilla" and then be directed to a page (#3) where there will be links (sorted in one column) describing different places on the internet where you can buy vanilla ice cream.

Is there a way of doing this?

Eddie
Quote Reply
Re: [eddie123] Setting up two different SubCategories In reply to
A possible solution to this would be:

1. On home.html, use the tag 'category_loop', and then do something like

<%loop category_loop%>
<%include subcategory_home.html%>
<%endloop%>

2. copy subcategory.html to subcategory_home.html and edit both files, the latter will be used on home.html, the former on category.html

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Setting up two different SubCategories In reply to
Hey Ivan,

Interesting solution.. I'll give that a shot.. Thanx! Smile

Eddie