Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Sequence not recognized in Driver.pm

Quote Reply
Sequence not recognized in Driver.pm
After gzipping and tarring the alpha 5 spin any attempt to run setup.cgi or admin.cgi dies with the following perl compile failure.
Sequence (?<...) not recognized at GT/SQL/Driver.pm line 435.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at GT/SQL.pm line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Links/Link.pm line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Links.pm line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/sites/site7/web/cgi-bin/lsqldev/cgi/admin/setup.cgid line 15.

Anyone seen this or got any ideas how to fix it ???
Thank You.

Quote Reply
Re: Sequence not recognized in Driver.pm In reply to
Can you tell me what version of perl you are running? Do a perl -v should tell you..

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
You should be able to fix this by editing Driver.pm and replacing line 435 with:

my @vals = split /[^\\]'/, $LAST_QUERY;

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
The change got admin.cgi to work as far as the "Links SQL Setup Step 1" but the 'Next" button gives back a "internal error or misconfiguration" which I am trying to trap.
My perl version is 5.004_04.

Quote Reply
Alex, I added "use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);" to admin.cgi, setup.cgi and browser.cgi. This got admin working after your fix was done. Using links-sql 1.13 defs and datebase I was able to get through setup and died attempting a build. I haven't got the exact error but I had to do with an unreferenced object. I dropped the data base and .defs and started from scratch and I now get the following error
"Error: Can't declare undef operator in my at GT/SQL/Indexer.pm line 263, near ") ="
when attempting initial setup. Without CARP admin and setup will not run at all. Any suggestions on this problem. I think the CARP part is probably something with cgiwrap on my server. The server is a Cobalt RaQ2 which does some pretty weird things. Also it does not support nph so I will have to get a patch to turn this off in the nph modules. Thanks for the help.

Quote Reply
I fixed the Indexer problem you mentioned, thanks! Give it a try in the latest version.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.