Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Segmant Error...

Quote Reply
Segmant Error...
I have a bit of a weird problem here. If you access any of the admin pages, they work fine. If, however, you try and access page.cgi, jump.cgi, add.cgi etc, you get an internal server error. I have tried running these scripts via SSH to see what error is given, and its a segmant error (see below).

[bn2@sierra www]$ perl page.cgi
Content-type: text/html

Segmentation fault
[bn2@sierra www]$

Has anyone ever seen this problem, and does anyone know what would normally cause this problem? Other copys of LSQL are working fine on the same server, so I don't think its anything to do with the server config.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Segmant Error... In reply to
It's normally something pretty serious. Either server configuration (with apache or perl) or something screwed up in the code - maybe a plugin or something.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Segmant Error... In reply to
Damn. Isn't a segmant error normally down to mod_perl? I did have mod_perl enabled on it to start with, but then disabled it to see if it would fix the problem Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Segmant Error... In reply to
Well if you disabled it and the problem is still there, then no it isn't mod_perl Wink