Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Searching on a Field in 2.1.0

Quote Reply
Searching on a Field in 2.1.0
Hi-

Does anyone know if it's still possible to search on individual fields in Links 2.1.0? In other words, in the previous versions you could do a search like:

http://www.domain.com/links/search.cgi?ID=22

and it would return the Link with the ID of 22. When I try to do the same thing in 2.1.0, I get an error:

Can't call method "fetchall_hashref" on an undefined value
at /usr/www/htdocs/domain/links/admin/Links/User/Search.pm line 147.

Is it no longer possible to do searches like this on a specific field?

-FrankM

Last edited by:

FrankM: Mar 20, 2002, 5:43 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] Searching on a Field in 2.1.0 In reply to
fetchall_hashref is a depricated function in DBI and has been removed from recent versions. To get the same effect, you can use fetchall_arrayref({}). I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the error though.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator

Last edited by:

King Junko II: Mar 21, 2002, 12:26 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] Searching on a Field in 2.1.0 In reply to
Thanks very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I'm not very good with PERL. You mentioned:

Quote:
fetchall_hashref is a depricated function in DBI and has been removed from recent versions.

I'm using Links version 2.1.0. I thought that was the most recent version. Does anyone know if there is a fix to allow a search on a specific field?

-FrankM
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] Searching on a Field in 2.1.0 In reply to
Hi,

Strange. This works on the demo:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/.../search.cgi?ID=87801

Can you send access info to support-lsql@gossamer-threads.com and we'll take a look.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Searching on a Field in 2.1.0 In reply to
Hi Alex,

Thanks I'll go ahead and do that. I wonder if the fact that I'm using NONINDEXED specification for the Links search is causing this?

-FrankM