Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Search Weight Property Vanished

Quote Reply
Search Weight Property Vanished
Hello, I was testing various search weights for my categories/links, however decided to go back to the original standard settings only to find that the "Search Weight" property for my Categories Table has vanished, which means that I cannot reset the Search Weight for the Name and Description fields in the category table.

I was thinking of running "Rebuild Cat. Tree" but it says that performing that action is strongly discouraged unless advised by Gossamer Threads support staff.

Is there anyway to get this option back?

Thanks

Last edited by:

smjohn: Jul 8, 2006, 2:01 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [smjohn] Search Weight Property Vanished In reply to
This was already answered in a support ticket, but here's the answer for future reference.

If you remove all search weights from every column in a table, it will not show the search weight after that. You will have to manually edit the def file and add a weight to one of the columns. The weight option will show up in the admin again.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Search Weight Property Vanished In reply to
This sounds like a quirk, that needs to be recoded into the display forms. A simple check to see if the search_weight exists, and if not, forceably display the field in the template.

This does explain something I hit awhile back... not about this, but why display options are so odd. It has to do with using hashes, and that "0" values are considered empty and if "exists" is not used, vs a simple test for not-null or non-zero, options disappear.

With power comes responsibility, and perl is loaded with gotchas.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Search Weight Property Vanished In reply to
Yes, it's a quirk, but one that should rarely happen, but I have fixed it.

Adrian