Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Replace Gossamer Logo and add message text to page

Quote Reply
Replace Gossamer Logo and add message text to page
We are just getting started with Gossamer links. My HTML is a little rusty...
I am trying to follow the templates etc but cannot find where to replace the default Gossamer logo on top the page with our logo.

We are using the hosted version so I expect I need to copy our logo using the fileman utility but cannot seem to locate the proper place to copy the logo file.

Additionally I would like to add a message with a brief statement of what we are planning and that the page is a work in progress, prospective launch date etc.

I added a message variable to the globals in hopes that it would be picked up via the include_contentheader.html and it would display the text on the home page, but it did not.

I am hoping someone here can point me in the correct direction!

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Quote Reply
Re: [Joyce&Thad] Replace Gossamer Logo and add message text to page In reply to
Hi,

Welcome! You just need to edit the CSS file. Try opening up luna.css and add this in:

Code:
#logo {
width: 250px;
height: 80px;
background: url('images/logo.gif') no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
}

Change the width/height to the size of your logo, and then the path as well (be aware this is a RELATIVE path... if you want a full path, add / in front of the "images/" part)

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Replace Gossamer Logo and add message text to page In reply to
Andy
Thanks for the reply.
I checked the css file and it appears to be as you suggested.

I think my issue is with the relative path and knowing where to put the logo file.

I am using the hosted version, I assume that means that the logo file must be uploaded using the FileMan utility. I just don't know where.

I have uploaded it to the root, to the images folder and neither of these work. I also searched for the default image.gif to replace it and the search did not turn up anything.

So now I am wondering if there is somewhere else the file must be uploaded?
Or if it is the path itself that is the issue?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Joyce&Thad] Replace Gossamer Logo and add message text to page In reply to
Hi,

I'm not familiar with the hosted version. I always assumed that you still had FTP logins, to upload files with? If so, I would suggest using that - instead of Fileman (as making tweaks that way is long winded)

For the path - you can upload it whereever you want (but I'd suggest putting it in one of the "images" folders, purely for logical reasons - and to keep the site clean)

Its hard to really say any more, as I don't know how the Fileman stuff works in terms of what folders it gives you access to (I'm pretty sure you DO have FTP access though Angelic)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!