Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Removing e-mail addresses from Links SQL

Quote Reply
Removing e-mail addresses from Links SQL
Hi Folks

Quick question, I've tried to find information on how to remove e-mail addresses from Links SQL. In order to test things out, I have registered myself in various ways, but now I want to clean up the e-mail addresses within Links SQL.

Below is what is what I get when select e-mail but I can't' seem to locate somewhere that allows you to modify or delete e-mail addresses that have been captured, or indeed even add e-mail addresses to it.

Mass Mail
All Users
All Links
Selected Users
Selected Links
Newsletter

Custom Lists
List
Add
Modify
Delete
Mail

Current Mailings
View

thanks

Leslie
Quote Reply
Re: [bunder] Removing e-mail addresses from Links SQL In reply to
Your best bet is to goto Database > Users > List All, and then delete them all. Then remove all links (unless you have any reason to keep them), as they also have your email addy listed.....come to think of it, removing the user who owns the links should get rid of the links too...

Hope that helps :D

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Removing e-mail addresses from Links SQL In reply to
Hi there

I tried this, as I want to manually delete the e-mail addresses no longer needed, but when I go into database > Users > List All it then gives me the number of users and here is an example

Username test
Password test
Email test@test3425325235.test.
Name
Validation Code 102545884545455778
Status Registered
Receive Mailings Yes
Newsletter Yes

below this is then

Links (0): View | Modify | Delete

but when I click on Delete which I would assume would delete that record this appears

Links: Delete Records

Your search returned no results.

and the record is not deleted! is that because there was no real data in the record as I entered it for testing purposes???

[reply]Your best bet is to goto Database > Users > List All, and then delete them all. Then remove all links (unless you have any reason to keep them), as they also have your email addy listed.....come to think of it, removing the user who owns the links should get rid of the links too...

Hope that helps :D[/reply]
Quote Reply
You should go to "Database -> Users -> Delete", click "Go" and then enter the email addresses you want to delete.

The delete function in "List All" refers to the links owned by the user that is displayed.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Removing e-mail addresses from Links SQL In reply to
Hi there

I followed those instructions, it worked for one e-mail address but I have tried it for another and it doesn't seem to work. here is what is displayed (some details changed for privacy)

Users: Search Results

Users: Search Results

Your search returned 1 result(s).

Username dgdgds dsgdsg
Password dsgdg
Email dsgdgdget@aol.com
Name
Validation Code 1027854656654619011
Status Registered
Receive Mailings Yes
Newsletter Yes

Links (0): View | Modify | Delete

when I click on delete, I get this message

Your search returned no results.

so why can't I delete the record?

Also surely there must be a quick way to look at all the records and then tick boxes next to e-mail addresses that I wish to delete?

thanks

Leslie
Quote Reply
As Yogi said, you need to go to Users->Delete and search for the relevant email address. The search results show you the user's entry. To delete this you do not click on the 'delete' link under the entry - this just deletes the links that they own. You need to check the check box to the left of the details and then click on the button labeled 'Delete Users' right at the bottom of the page.