Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Relative Categories

Quote Reply
Relative Categories
Has anybody noticed that relative categories take more than one build to appear in the category menu?

I have noticed that standard links take on the first build but relative categories take 2 or even 3 builds before they become set.Crazy
EDIT: This pertains to STATIC only. Dynamic is there right away.

Thanks!

Last edited by:

Teambldr: Jul 6, 2002, 4:24 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Relative Categories In reply to
For me, the related categories do not show up at all until I do something to cause the nph-build to realise I have done something in this category which needs re-building. For example rename the category or change a link.... this is of course for a build changed.

Are you getting this problem with 'build - all' or just 'build - changed'?

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Relative Categories In reply to
Yes, I did 3 build all's and on the third all relative categories were there. On the second some were and on the first none were.

Woohoo!Crazy
Quote Reply
I actually just moved a bunch of links out of a category that was a relative category and I found that after a build all I show 76 in the relative link and 9 in the static link. 9 is the actual count. 76 was the original count.

So it caught the original category change (76 to 9) but not the relative category count (76 to 76). And the interesting part is that the relative category shows only the 9 links when clicked.Crazy
Quote Reply
Do you think it is just a link count issue?

If so you could try a force repair on the link counts, or repair table.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Relative Categories In reply to
I don't think so because I repair the tables after import and because the issue corrects itself with multiple build alls.

Everything is hunky dory now until I do the next assignment of a relative category!Tongue