Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Related Categories?

Quote Reply
Related Categories?
I just went into my Links admin area to modify a category so that on the category page it listed related categories (like Links2)....but the related categories option was nowhere to be found...am I missing something?

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
Re: Related Categories? In reply to
It seems to me there are two kinds of related category. One you can find in the broswe window. when you have selected a category, you will find the "Related" menu. This related category will appear as "something@" in your category list.

Another "related" is the question I am going to asked. In the category.html template, I find
<%if related%>
<b>Related Categories</b>

<ul><%related%></ul>
<%endif%>

Appeantly it's different from the first one. What this "related" is for? how to build it (to related one to another)?

Yanz

Http://www.biomedgate.com
****Portal to life****
Quote Reply
Hi,

To create related categories, you need to use the category browser. Click the category you want, and click on Related. Then click on the category you want it to be related to.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi,

To create relations, you use the category browser (see above).

Depending on what you have set in the Build Options:

In Reply To:
Use Yahoo style related categories (this will put the related categories grouped in with the main categories, prefixed with an @ sign. If you use this, you can only sort alphabetically.
If this is set to No, then in <%related%> will be a <LI> list of related categories just like in older versions. If set to yes, then the categories will appear in the main list like you see in Yahoo with an @ sign at the end.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
it makes sense, Thanks a lot.

Http://www.biomedgate.com
****Portal to life****