Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

seach.cgi problem

Quote Reply
seach.cgi problem
Hi -

I'm using LinksSQL 2.0.3 and just noticed a problem when doing a search.

search.cgi seems to produce the expected search results, but when it outputs the results, it also appends some additional info/text AT THE END of the document...

Here is the additional output (based on search criteria of "build exchange"):

In Reply To:
1: SELECT Links_Category.ID, Links_Category.Full_Name
FROM Links_CatLinks, Links_Category
WHERE Links_CatLinks.CategoryID = Links_Category.ID
AND (Links_CatLinks.LinkID = '3')

GT::SQL::Relation::select called at /path/to/cgi-bin/dir/admin/Links/Link.pm line 332 with arguments (GT::SQL::Relation=HASH(0x8495224), HASH(0x8492df8), ARRAY(0x8495278)).Links::Link::get_categories called at search.cgi line 151 with arguments (Links::Link=HASH(0x83583ac), 3).main::query called at /path/to/cgi-bin/dir/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 99 with arguments (HASH(0x804b650)).GT::Plugins::dispatch called at search.cgi line 66 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /path/to/cgi-bin/dir/admin/Plugins, search_results, CODE(0x832a0dc), HASH(0x804b650)).main::search called at search.cgi line 48 with no arguments.main::main called at search.cgi line 23 with no arguments.

2: SELECT * FROM Links_Links WHERE ( ( ( Description LIKE '%build%' OR Title LIKE '%build%' OR Hide LIKE '%build%' OR URL LIKE '%build%' OR Expedite LIKE '%build%' ) AND ( Description LIKE '%exchange%' OR Title LIKE '%exchange%' OR Hide LIKE '%exchange%' OR URL LIKE '%exchange%' OR Expedite LIKE '%exchange%' ) ) AND isValidated = 'Yes' )
LIMIT 0, 25

GT::SQL::Table::do_query called at /path/to/cgi-bin/dir/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 602 with arguments (Links::Link=HASH(0x83583ac), SELECT * FROM Links_Links WHERE ( ( ( Description LIKE '%build%' OR Title LIKE '%build%' OR Hide LIKE '%build%' OR URL LIKE '%build%' OR Expedite LIKE '%build%' ) AND ( Description LIKE '%exchange%' OR Title LIKE '%exchange%' OR Hide LIKE '%exchange%' OR URL LIKE '%exchange%' OR Expedite LIKE '%exchange%' ) ) AND isValidated = 'Yes' )
LIMIT 0, 25).GT::SQL::Table::select called at search.cgi line 268 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x83da95c), Links::Link=HASH(0x83583ac), GT::SQL::Condition=HASH(0x8433a70)).main::_query_ni called at search.cgi line 128 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x83da95c), Links::Link=HASH(0x83583ac), HASH(0x834b1ec)).main::query called at /path/to/cgi-bin/dir/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 99 with arguments (HASH(0x804b650)).GT::Plugins::dispatch called at search.cgi line 66 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /path/to/cgi-bin/dir/admin/Plugins, search_results, CODE(0x832a0dc), HASH(0x804b650)).main::search called at search.cgi line 48 with no arguments.main::main called at search.cgi line 23 with no arguments.

3: SELECT * FROM Links_Category WHERE ( ( ( Description LIKE '%build%' OR Name LIKE '%build%' ) AND ( Description LIKE '%exchange%' OR Name LIKE '%exchange%' ) ) )
LIMIT 0, 25

GT::SQL::Table::do_query called at /path/to/cgi-bin/dir/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 602 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x83da95c), SELECT * FROM Links_Category WHERE ( ( ( Description LIKE '%build%' OR Name LIKE '%build%' ) AND ( Description LIKE '%exchange%' OR Name LIKE '%exchange%' ) ) )
LIMIT 0, 25).GT::SQL::Table::select called at search.cgi line 237 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x83da95c), GT::SQL::Condition=HASH(0x835893c)).main::_query_ni called at search.cgi line 128 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x83da95c), Links::Link=HASH(0x83583ac), HASH(0x834b1ec)).main::query called at /path/to/cgi-bin/dir/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 99 with arguments (HASH(0x804b650)).GT::Plugins::dispatch called at search.cgi line 66 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /path/to/cgi-bin/dir/admin/Plugins, search_results, CODE(0x832a0dc), HASH(0x804b650)).main::search called at search.cgi line 48 with no arguments.main::main called at search.cgi line 23 with no arguments.

The above is actually part of the html output and is enclosed in <blockquote> and <pre> tags. However, it appears after the closing </html> tag.

I currently do not have any installed plugins.

Now, I'm not sure when this started, as I've just gotten back to this project after a few week hiatus. So, it may have been doing this all along and I just never noticed, (although I'm doubtful about that), or it could be something that I did (although the only changes I've made recently are playing around with the user options under admin setup, which should have no relevance here, and creating a couple non-related template globals, which also should be irrelevant...)

Can anyone help figure this one out?

If it makes a difference, you can see this in action (but please don't try to register or add any resources, as the site is still a work in progress):
http://clickvortex.com/cgi-bin/dir/search.cgi

Thanks a million, in advance.

Matt Glaspie
Quote Reply
Re: seach.cgi problem In reply to
Aha!

I was reviewing the search.cgi script and noticed a line about including "GT::SQL->query_stack_disp" if debug is set > 1...

Changing debug level from 2 to 1 has fixed the "problem"...

Matt Glaspie
Quote Reply
Re: seach.cgi problem In reply to
Hi,

By the way, you should set debug to 0 if you are on a production site as it adds considerable overhead to the script (debug level 2 adds even more overhead).

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.